What is Oxytocin?
Oxytocin is a hormone and a neurotransmitter. When investigated as a neurotrnasmitter, unique personality attributes are observed dependent upon whether one has high level or low level of oxytocin.
Where do you fall on the spectrum? Where is she on the spectrum?
If we know where we exist on the oxytocin spectrum, we can better understand ourselves and our emotional responses in the world. We can better understand our learning styles, our memory patterns and our preferences for social interaction. We can better understand parenting styles and sexual drives.
We can also better understand his/her view of life, his/her behaviors, his/her emotions and how s/he operates in the world.
As a result of knowing oxytocin level ranges (Blue or Orange), we can better navigate our relational dynamics due to the acceptance of these innate personality discrepancies.
We will no longer ask questions like:
- "how come you never want to have sex?"
- "How come you can't see that she's upset?"
- "Why don't you ever want to go to the party?"
- "Why can't you remember when I ask you something?"
Instead, we will ask questions like:
- "Babe, I know you're orange personality type, but I'm a blue....what can we do to have more intimacy?"
- "Hey honey....you're a blue personality type, she's upset but you are perceiving it more magnified than I think it needs to be perceived."
- "Friend, I'd really like to go to the party together. I know you are orange personality type and being extremely social isn't your idea of a great time....what if we go to the party and only stay an hour?"
- "I know Blue kid. ....you were having an emotional week from your breakup - I'm going to remind you that your paper is due this week (because chances are memory retreival is more affected by emotional response).
Are you starting to understand how personality navigation based on LIVIN4d's oxytocin level testing can help optimize relational dynamics? It removes some of the blame, frustration and defense. It provides blueprints for understanding self and other and eliminates much arbitrary psychological guesswork and overlay of assumptions.
One's oxytocin range is determined at birth. S/he can have 1/3 following oxytocin nucleotide genetic combinations located on Chromosome 3p25:
AA = lower levels of oxytocin (Orange)
GG = higher levels of oxytocin (Blue)
AG = higher levels of oxytocin (heterozygous form - some attributes of AA) (Green)
As Blue and Green personalities share quite similar attributes, for sake of ease, LIVIN4d has combined these two personality colors into Blue personality type when it comes to laboratory testing results. However, in this post, subtle differencees between Blue and Green personalities can be understood.
Oxytocin Personality Scale assciated with psychological and disposition attributes:
5-7 = Most
3-5 = Intermediate
1-3 = Few
The below psychological variables are genetically determined. They can be subtly influenced by environment but the framework is the framework. By accepting one's innate personality type, LIVIN4d optimizes interactional exchanges between and among the different personality types by teaching and understanding of skills to better connect.
BLUE GREEN ORANGE
- Trust: 5-7 Trust: 3-5 Trust: 1-3
- Fear: 5-7 Fear: 3-5 Fear: 1-3
- Risk Taking: 1-3 Risk Taking: 3-5 Risk Taking: 5-7
- Social Bonding: 5-7 Social Bonding: 3-5 Social Bonding: 1-3
- Generosity: 5-7 Generosity: 3-5 Generosity: 1-3
- Perspective Range: 5-7 Perspective Range: 1 Perspective Range: 1-3
- Empathy: 5-7 Empathy: 3-5 Empathy: 1-3
- Arousal: 5-7 Arousal: 3-5 Arousal: 1-3
- Monogomy: 5-7 Monogomy: ? Monogomy: 1-3
- Social memory: 5-7 Social Memory: 3-5 Social Memory: 1-3
- Aversion memory: 1-3 Aversion memory: 1-3 Aversion memory: 5-7
- Flexibility: 5-7 Flexibility ? Flexibility: 1-3
If you know the oxytocin level or genetic personality type of self and other, you will have much more control in outcome of the above variables as you can manage your approach and interaction accordingly.
If you are an orange personality type, you learn better through the use of less descriptive words. You may not understand this written post due to some of the more abstract concepts, (not because you aren't smart). If you are a blue personality type, you will probably get this post. If I were to write this post geared toward an orange personality type, I would state the following:
It's simple. Orange talks less. Blue talks more. Orange likes less sex. Blue prefers more sex. Orange enjoys more independent activities. Blue prefers social engagements. Got it?